Martes, Oktubre 4, 2011

MATH POEM

MATH POEM

Math Poems

These poems had been written by Eileen Tupaz.

Odd - Even Poem


Zero, two, four, six, eight
Being even is just great.

One, three, five, seven, nine
Being odd is just fine.
Zero the hero came to school.
Zero the hero knows a rule:
Zero the hero stays in a space,
So all the other numbers get in the right place!
We sing a song to the tune of "Frere Jacques":
Zero Hero, Zero Hero,
We love you.
We love you.
Though you may be nothing,
We really think you're something.
Yes, we do.  Yes, we do.
CLOCK  SONG
(tune Wheels on the Bus)
The hands on the clock go round and round,
Round and round, round and round.
The hands on the clock go round and round.
To tell us the time.

The short hand on the clock
Goes from number to number,
Number to number, number to number.
The short hand on the clock
Goes from number to number.
To tell us the time.

The long hand on the clock
Goes around by fives,
Around by fives, around by fives.
The long hand on the clock
Goes around by fives.
To tell us the minutes.
The Skip Count Song

(Tune: Skip to my Lou)

Skip count, skip count, count by 2's
Skip count, skip count, count by 2's
Skip count, skip count, count by 2's
We can count to 20.
2, 4, 6, 8, 10,12,14,16, 18, 20 (chant this line)


Skip count, skip count, count by 5's
Skip count, skip count, count by 5's
Skip count, skip count, count by 5's
We can count to 50.
5, 10, 15, 20, (up to 50)

Skip count, skip count, count by 10's
Skip count, skip count, count by 10's
Skip count, skip count, count by 10's
We can count to 100.
10, 20, 30, 40, (up to 100)
Shelby Star is my name
Shining brightly is my game
With five sparkly points and lots of sides, too
With wishes I make dreams come true.
I am Cindi Circle
Watch me turn
Round and round
And you will learn
I'm not straight and
I don't bend
My outside edges
Never end!
 
Sammy Square is my name
My four sides are just the same
Turn me around, I don't care
I'm always the same, I'm a square!
 
I am Danny Diamond
I am like a kite
But I'm really just a square
Whose corners are pulled tight
 
Ricky rectangle is my name
My four sides are not the same
Two are short and two are long
Count my sides, come along
1-2-3-4
 
Tommy Triangle is the name for me
Count my sides - there's 1-2-3
 
I am Ollie Oval
A football shape is mine
Some people think that I"m an egg
But I think I look fine!
OR
Opal Oval is my name.
The circle and I are not the same.
The circle is round, as round can be.
I am shaped like an egg as you can see
Harry Heart is my name
The shape I make is my fame
With a point on the bottom and two humps on top
When it comes to love I just can't stop!
1 A straight line down and 1 is done.
2 Around and back on the railroad track, 2,2,2.
(Read as "choo-choo-choo")
3 Go around and around a tree. That's the way to write a 3.
4 Down and across and down once more. That's way to write 4.
5 Down and around, make it fat. Numeral 5 wears a hat.
6 Down and around, make a loop. Numeral 6 rolls a hoop.
7 Across, slant, then you are done. Writing 7 can be fun.
8 Write an S but do not wait. Come back up and write an 8.
9 A loop and a line make numeral 9.
10 Pull down straight, lift, and then curve down, curve up--that's a 10.
  Number Poem 
Down you run and 1 is done.

Around, and down, and out go you,
That's the way to make a 2.

Around, and around, like a bee,
That's the way to make a 3.

Down, across, and down once more,
That's the way to make a 4.

Short neck, belly fat,
Number 5 wears a hat.

Down, around, in a circle you go,
That's a six, just as you know.

Straight across, slide down from heaven,
That's the way to make a 7.

First a snake, then come back straight,
That's the way to make an 8.

First a ball and then a line,
That's the way to make a 9.

Tall straight, circle then,
That's the way to make a 10

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento